Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sewing Organization Tip #6

Help!  I can't see the top of my desk!

This one took me a while to come up with a solution.

When I'm working on a project - it tends to cover up my entire desk, the computer, the cutting board and spill onto the floor.  And the worst part is, I tend to just close the door to my sewing room and leave it that way only to find I need to move everything just to get to the computer or find something buried under the pile on my desk.

So, I decided I needed some project bins.  I found these cute bins at Target last year for about $8.00 each.  Now when I'm finished working on something, I just grab a bin, throw everything into it and put it into my closet on a shelf tucked between the organized trims and patterns.  Then, when I have another opportunity to sew, I just pull out the bin and everything I need is in it and I can easily pick up where I left off.  I'm not looking for the buttons I left on the cutting board or the lace that fell on the floor - everything is tidy, organized and in the project box.

One of my three project bins

Don't they look happy on the shelf?
Tomorrow's topic - Thread tails.....

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment