Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Valori Wells - Little Wallet

If you are looking for a quick and easy project, this Little Wallet by Valori Wells will fit the bill. This maybe took me 30 minutes to sew and that's including tracing the pattern and cutting everything out.

It's just the cutest little thing.  I use mine for holding gift cards, but it could easily hold credit cards and some cash for an easy wallet option in a small purse.

I made this one for a friend of mine for her birthday.


Here's the inside.  There are 3 separate pockets.  The pattern calls for each pocket piece to be two separate pieces, sewn across the top and then turned.  Instead of doing that, I eliminated the top seam (cutting off 1/4 inch from the pattern piece) and instead, just cut out the pockets with the top edge on the fold.  This not only eliminated the extra sewing, it eliminated the extra bulk that would be caused by the seam at the top.


I hope she likes it!

Until next time,
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little project - great use for little bits of pretty fabric! I really enjoy your blog, so have nominated you for the Sunshine award -- details on my blog if you'd like to share it ;)

    ReplyDelete