Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August MAGAM Project Determined

I'm lovin' the theme for August - "Stash Buster".  Fantabulous!  This will not only fill the MAGAM challenge, but the Summer Stashbust quest as well - yippee!

I'm going for a double stashbust this month.  My plans are to make a simple elastic waist skirt and raglan sleeve t-shirt - New Look 6762.  I've made both the skirt and top before so this one should be finished fairly quickly (I say confidently!).


The fabric I have was purchased at the Sewing Garage Sale in April of this past year.  The skirt will be out of the fabric on the left - a wonderful rayon with little circles on it. The fabric did shrink quite a bit when I pre-washed it, but it should work great for this simple skirt. The top will be constructed out of the fabric on the right - a great knit that looks sort of crinkly.  These fabrics were sold by two friends of mine at the sale and they just happen to match perfectly!

Just a quick post today - I gotta get busy!

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Love the text contrast between your fabric choices. The blues go really well togther

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really going to be pretty. Looking forward to seeing the completed combo.

    ReplyDelete