This might be a truly mad undertaking. It's Marcy Tilton's Vogue 9112. After having a glass or two of wine on a Saturday night and a an hour in the sewing room pulling fabrics out of the stash with wreckless abandon, I've come up with this combination.
- The main fabric will be the purple plaid on the left. This is a wonderful cotton I purchased at the Robert Talbot outlet in Carmel Valley, CA a few years ago. It's a cotton shirting that I'm not sure will have enough drape to tackle the dress, but we'll give it a go.
- Green linen remnant - not alot here, but it would just be an accent anyways.
- Blue and green polka dot cotton - again, accent somehow.
- Another Robert Talbot fabric, but this is silk - again accent somehow.
- The strong orange fabric on the right (that was actually a cut-off from a prom dress when I used to alter prom dresses alot - not sure of the fabric content, but is some sort of silky fabric). This might be some sort of piping or trim - not sure yet.
Wish me luck with this venture! I think it's going to be a long haul to make it work!
Happy sewing everyone and good luck with your May projects!