Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

February MAGAM Decided - A Very Delayed Post!

Well - here it is, half-way thru February and I realized I haven't posted my February MAGAM project yet.  I have been working on this dress for the last few weeks - in between life's crazy moments - evacuations due to potential flooding, plumbing issues, septic pumping and the numerous alterations people have been bringing to me!  This winter has brought parched California lots of very much needed rain, but I have to say, a few days of sunshine would be very welcome at this point.  So what better project to work on then a summery dress to bring a little brightness and warmth to this cold weather!  Another doozy of a storm is moving in at the moment so I had better get this posted before the power goes out.

Here's the project for the month - Vogue 9077 - View C.

The print was purchased at last year's sewing garage sale and I am actually making the project that I originally intended for this lovely rayon piece.

The main dress is cut from the printed material.  I am using the purple for the front placket, the collar tabs and the accent strips on the fronts.  I'm stitching the green ribbon down the center of the accent pieces and will use pink buttons for the front.  I've extended the front placket all the way to the bottom too.  Oh, and as luck would have it, I have a belt from other dress that matches the purple perfectly!

Wish me luck that I finish this in February!

Happy sewing everyone!

Star


4 comments:

  1. I love this pattern (and have yet to purchase it, must do so!). Love your fabric, it's going to look great in the fuller skirt. Can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour combinations. Has the real feel good factor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to make this for forever. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete