For those of you thinking it's not too bad, let me list it's unflattering qualities:
- My pasty-white skin matches this linen color so perfectly that from a distance, it looks like I'm only wearing a blue belt and some strange v-neck contraption.
- The hi-low skirt option isn't working for me at all - and it flys open in the front with just the slightest breeze.
- The bust area is completely wrong. It needs another dart or something as it gaps in the front between the armhole and the center front.
- The linen I used is a little too thick so it doesn't drape well.
- The back portion of the hem catches in my shoes when I walk.
- It kinda looks like an apron!
- It's just YICKY!
Doesn't get any better with the side view!
The back bunches up so much on me, I look like a Shar Pei!
See that flap there on the bottom portion - bad idea!
Are there any redeeming qualities about this dress? Just a few that I can think of:
- This dress did use up 3.5 yards out of my stash, thus bringing my YTD total to 27.625 yards.
- Some "lucky" person will be getting a brand new dress as it's in the donate pile as I write this. I thought it was better to donate rather than add more garbage to the landfill.
- Both the dress and the pattern are now out of my life!!
Better luck with the next garment I guess. Oh well - you win some and you lose some.
Happy sewing everyone!