Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2018

Vogue 1233 - Round Two - the cross-eyed version!

I have been working on this dress for well over a month now.  I've only been able to work on this dress in short bursts as the weave makes my eyes go crossed after working with it for more than an hour at a time.  Cutting this puppy out was a big headache generator too!  I had worked out all of the fitting issues with my first version so I could just cut this out and sew.  But with all of the tediousness of cutting, lining up the lines and overall eye rubbing, I think it has paid off.  Just stare at this photo for awhile and see what happens to your eyeballs.....


The fabric is a cotton weave that I purchased at Robert Talbott's in Carmel Valley a number of years ago.  The buttons came from a neighborhood sewing store as I didn't have any in my stash that would work.

Here's the back.  I can barely type this as my eyes are getting crossed from just the photo below, but take a look at the center back seam.  That was an eye-bender!

I am very proud of my buttonholes!  I centered them on the intersecting line just perfectly!  Crossed eyeballs and all!



 The pockets are fully lined and feel wonderful when you put your hand in them. 

Here are some close-ups of the pockets:



The lining was left over from the Sewaholic Minoru jacket I made back in 2014.

I only had enough of the printed lining to place on the back.  The front pieces are just plain black.

Not bad for a long term sewing project!  

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress (including lining) = 5.125 yards
YTD yards sewn = 23.25 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 76.75 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress. It fits you to a T! Hope your eyeballs recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! Yes, the eyes are taking a well deserved rest.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful great job on the matching
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore your dress as well as the first one you made! So much so that I just ordered it from Etsy! Leaving that placket off looks way better to me. I am following your lead, leaving it off. I’m thinking denim in my case bc I’m in Nashville, cowgirl boots and all hehehe! Thank you for your blog, I really feel inspired by your creations :) Amie Tarpley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amie! A denim version would be fabulous! I may just copy your idea there!

      Delete