Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Butterick 6168 - A little too sweet for me?

Here is my finished Butterick 6168 - a Lisette dress.  I like the dress itself, but I think the print may be a little too on the "sweet floralish" side for me.


The fabric is a light green rayon with a cream leaf print on it.  I picked it up at the Sewing Garage Sale a few years ago and finally paired it with this pattern.

Note to self - don't take pics in the bright sunshine - it's too hard to look at the camera!

I fully lined the dress with a cream bemberg rayon that just feels glorious on your skin.  

I like the little tab in the front....

And the pleats and cross over style of the bodice.  I'm just not sure the entire garment is really my style.

I'll wear a few times and then determine it's final outcome.  Anyways, this will knock a few more yards off of the stash!  Here are my latest stats:

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress (including lining) = 3.75 yards
YTD yards sewn = 30 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 70 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

4 comments:

  1. Oh it is lovely! I hope you find some opportunities to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very pretty and looks good on you. But if you don't feel like it's you, you probably won't like wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly. I’ll probably wear it a few times and then decide. Funny though that I tend to get lots of compliments when I wear pastel colors, which isn’t very often.

      Delete