Pages

Friday, April 20, 2018

Matilda #2

To say I liked my first version of Matilda by Megan Nielsen would be an understatement.  I L-O-V-E this dress! I love it so much that I immediately cut out Matilda #2 after completing the first one.  And here she is!


This purple print is a Robert Talbott cotton that I purchased at the small store in Carmel Valley, CA a number of years ago.  The last time I went there, they were no longer selling fabric so I am now starting to near the end of my current Robert Talbott stock.


The fabric is a shirting cotton that's a little on the stiff side, but I'm hoping after a few washes it will soften up a bit.

The buttons I had in my stash and they match perfectly.  My shoes - well - not such a perfect match, but it's close!


And guess what - Matilda #3 was just cut out this morning!  What's that saying about when you find something you like, buy/make it in every color?  Well, this could be my go-to dress.  I know I've mentioned in the past that I'm not much of a floral person, but I recently purchased this print at a quilting sale and I really like it!  It was screaming "Matilda" at me when I saw it so I just had to snap it up! A bit of piecing will be needed on the skirt panels and I had to omit the pockets on this one as I didn't have enough yardage, but it should still turn out ok.


Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress = 4.375 yards
YTD yards sewn = 34.375 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 65.625 yards

Other happenings in the sewing room:

One of my "fun" goals for this year is to re-do my sewing room - new curtains, new paint, a few new tables.  I've been searching for months now for some fabric for new curtains and I think I may have just found it.  I currently have this entire bolt on loan from Triad Fabrics.....


Here's a close up - kinda looks like pattern pieces with stitching lines?


I think I like it!  Stay tuned....this could be the one!

Happy sewing everyone!

Star


No comments:

Post a Comment