Pages

Friday, June 29, 2018

Butterick 5079 - A dress with a twist!

This Butterick Suzi Chin designer pattern has been in the stash since it was first printed in 2007.  The pattern back says: "Unsuitable for obvious diagonals, plaids or stripes".  Well - I beg to differ on the stripe comment.  With a few layout changes, I think it works perfectly with stripes!  For starters, I eliminated the seamline on the center front and center back skirt portions because who wants to match a stripe when they don't need too!


I raised the center front V by 1.5 inches.  It was way, way too low for my small bustline.


Ok, bragging time - just look at my stripe matching on the skirt sides!  

I also eliminated the center back zipper.  My fabric is very, very stretchy so the zipper wasn't needed.

 The twisty front portion gathers at the sides and pairs up with a separate gathered belt like piece around the back.

I purchased the knit at Fabric Mart earlier this year and after making this dress, I still have a little bit left over.  Maybe a t-shirt?

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress = 2.5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 46.25 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 53.75 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment