Pages

Monday, June 25, 2018

Oh Matilda - How do I love thee?

I just can't get enough of the Megan Nielsen Matilda pattern - I love it!  This is version #3 and my May MAGAM Challenge garment.  The theme for the May MAGAM was "May Flower" and this gorgeous floral print fits the bill nicely!


I purchased this quilting cotton at a quilting garage sale earlier this year.  There was only 3 yards in the roll so I wasn't sure I could squeek out this dress out of what I had.  The pattern calls for 4.375 yards so I was quite a bit short.


I ended up piecing the bottom skirt panels together on the lower corners.  There wasn't enough fabric to pattern match my piecing, but - can you tell?  And I didn't have enough fabric for the patch pockets either.

There are alot of buttons on this dress - a total of 13 and I had these red buttons in the stash that match the red flowers perfectly! 

I think this could be my favorite version yet!  I just love this fabric!

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress = 3 yards
YTD yards sewn = 42.5 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 57.5 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment