Pages

Monday, July 30, 2018

Give Pink a Chance!

I rarely wear pink.  In fact, I can barely count on one hand the number of items in my wardrobe with pink in them.  And it's a really silly reason why I don't wear pink.  Here goes - truth time!

A number of years ago, there was a lady at my work that only wore pink.  Everyday.  Every item. Every accessory.  Everything.  In fact, I don't think she owned a color other than pink.  I think she would have dyed her hair pink too, but it was before the days of bright, colorful hair.  I got so sick of seeing pink everyday, that I refused to wear it.  The lady has long since left my work and it's about time I should give pink a chance again so here we go!

This is Vogue 8553, made from a knit print I recently purchased from Girl Charlee Fabrics.


Here's a close-up of the print:

This is my funny face photo day.  Could be because of our air quality - just look at the smoke in the background.  We currently have the Carr fire burning to the north of us and the Yosemite fire burning to the south of us, and we are getting smoke from both of them.

Another funny face...  I paired the print with some black knit I had in the stash and I also added the band around the waistline.  The pattern only has the bands along the bodice front and neckline, but I wanted to add one to the waist to see what it would look like.  Not too shabby I think!

This version is certainly better than my last one, which coincidentally, was posted to the blog exactly one year ago today!  How strange is that?!?!?  I ended up giving the last dress to Goodwill.

I think my first version is still my favorite though, although this is coming in a close second. I made the first one back in May of 2016 and it is still in regular rotation in the wardrobe.

That's it for me today but of course, I can't leave without the latest stashbustin' stats!

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress = 2.625 yards
YTD yards sewn = 56.875 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 43.125 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star


No comments:

Post a Comment