Pages

Friday, July 20, 2018

Simplicity 1884

This Simplicity dress is made from a crazy print knit that I purchased at the Sewing Garage Sale earlier this year.  I knew I wanted a simple style with no darts to avoid breaking up the already crazy lines on the print.  I paired the fabric with some plain black for the neckband and optional tie and there you go - a pretty simple sew.

I don't think I like it with the tie though - it interrupts the print too much I think.


Again, I think it looks better without the tie....
It took me a little while to lay out this simple pattern because I didn't want that large square/triangle looking print to land on a bad spot so I opted to place it along the waistline.  Much better than placing on the booty....

That's it for today.  I can't look at these pics too long because they make my eyes go crossed with that print!

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress = 1.5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 54.25 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 45.75 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment