Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

My Paint swatch Dress!

This is my third version of the Frankenpattern of Butterick 5353, combined with New Look 6224 for the bottom.  Version one is here.  And version two you can find here.  This newest version didn't disappoint either.  I'm calling it my paint swatch dress because that's what it reminds me of - all of the paint samples you can get at the paint store.


The linen fabric was part of my haul from this year's ASG Sewing Garage Sale.  There were 3 yards, and I paid a whopping $6.00 for it.  The lining is just a plain white cotton I had in my stash.  I actually paid more for the piping and invisible zipper than I did for the main fabric!  



I really wanted to use purple for the piping instead of pink, but I couldn't find any that matched just right.  The pink actually matches perfectly.


Here are the latest stashbustin' stats!

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress (including lining) = 5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 66.375 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 33.625 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment