Thursday, September 20, 2018

Pants - Done!

Another item on my list of to-do's this year was Pants.  I can now check these off of the list too.

I started with McCalls 6361 - a Palmer Pletsch pattern.  This pattern includes 1" seam allowances on the side seams and the inseam.  After you tape the crotch curve with some clear tape, they have you pin the pattern pieces together and try them on.  This was a bit awkward in our hot weather, but it seemed to give a good trial fit.

For my practice fabric, I used some stretch cotton pique that I picked up at this year's ASG Garage Sale.  There was 3.25 yards for $9.00 so not a bad price for some practice pants.


Here are the changes I ended up making to the pants pattern:

  • Took in the center back seam by 1" and tapered to the crotch curve
  • Took in the side seams 1/2"
  • Took 3/8" off the inside leg seam
  • Subtracted 1" off of the center back waistband
  • Let out the front inseam by 1/4" tapering for about 6 inches
  • I didn't make this change on this pair, but I will on the next one - lower the waistline by 1/2"

When paired with my fav Kwik Sew t-shirt pattern, I think this outfit looks kinda cute! 

Look - no gapping at the center back and they fit my backside quite nicely I'd say.

There are a few wrinkles underneath the bottom, but I'm not too worried about those.  I'll see what happens with my next pair.

All in all - I think the pants came out pretty well!

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for capri pants = 2.675 yards
Yardage for t-shirt = 1.5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 70.55 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 29.45 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment