Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Simplicity 3503

What ever happened to the 70's?

That's what I call this dress.  My 70's dress.  Being a child of the 70's myself, this dress brings back memories of my childhood with it's weird, psychedelic print.  The fabric was purchased at the ASG sewing garage sale a few years ago for about $2.00.  I remember people commenting on my strange fabric choice in line and they were wondering what I would make with it. 


The fabric is a very thin knit - similar to the thickness of an old vintage t-shirt that has been laundered one too many times.  It has a wonderful drape to it and a maxi dress fit the print quite nicely.  I had been wanting to give Simplicity 3503 a try so for $2.00 - I couldn't go wrong. 


The armhole is quite low.  I would probably raise it 1 inch if I decide to make this pattern again. 



The front neckline is lower than I normally wear, but with the abalone necklace, it tends to fill in the low cut v-front and hide some of my non-existent cleavage. 
 


This dress is very comfortable to wear and always draws compliments when I wear it. It's great on a hot summer day, or if it's a little cooler at night, I wear a jean jacket over the top and it looks great too!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment