Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

September Sew for 30 - 2016!

September is National Sewing Month in the United States.  We all lead very busy lives and finding time to do the hobby we love can be difficult so I'd like to encourage everyone to "Sew for 30 minutes" everyday during the month of September.   It's amazing what you can get done in little increments of time!  A seam here, a press there and before you know it - you have a brand new little something!

The goal of September Sew for 30 is to MAKE TIME to do what you love and by gosh, by golly, let's have a little fun doing it this year!  As sewer's, we are naturally creative people and being creative with our time counts too.  Let's showcase what and how we are squeezing in that hobby time!

How will you spend your 30 minutes a day?  Here are some ideas:


You get the idea - have fun with it!  Here's a recent pic of me on a shopping spree at Mill End Fabrics in Reno, Nevada.

I'm in! - Sew now what do I do?

Blogs - Yes - if you have a blog, by all means, please post your sewing adventures there.  Blog posts are a great way to get involved.  Leave a comment with your blog address below so others can follow you.

Pinterest - This year, I'm encouraging everyone to have fun with the theme and post your sewing adventures to the new Pinterest group board! Sewing selfies are encouraged! To sign-up to post to the board, please send me an e-mail at starsthreads (at) gmail (dot) com.  You will receive an invitation from Pinterest with further instructions.  Please allow 1 - 2 days for the participation e-mail to come thru.  Be sure to include the hashtag #septsewfor302016 on your posts too.

Instagram and Twitter - Post your adventures and be sure to use the #septsewfor302016 hashtag.

Grab the Sew for 30 button - Feel free to grab a Sew for 30 button and add to your blog.  Just copy the code in the box on the upper right of this post, add a widget/gadget to your blog and your in business!

Go ahead, make the commitment!  You know you want to!  I'm looking forward to seeing your sewing adventures!

Happy sewing everyone!
Star

19 comments:

  1. Star, how could I resist this - you know that I always encourage people to sew a little every day. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I have been saying to myself I need to sew more .i l'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a link to your blog post to the President of the Atlanta Sewing Guild. She loves it and asks permission to repost your entire blog on our FaceBook page. May we have your permission? My email is mellincf@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'll send you a separate email just in case.

      Delete
  4. Hi Star, Read about this on Sarah Liz's blog and just had to join too. It will be so much fun! I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Star! This is a great idea :) I am in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I need to do this, I've lost my mojo and my sewing room is a mess. At least I know what I will be doing for some of the 30 mins in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for Sharon joining in! Looking forward to seeing the results of the sewing mojo returning!

      Delete
  7. I'm joining in! Husband will be back at work. no children at home and lots and lots of fabric and patterns. Thanks for challenging us!! I need this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop! Whoop! Yippee! Thanks for joining in Sewalatte!

      Delete
  8. I will join in also. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea! I was thinking along the same way as I was too busy to sew in August. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete