This blouse has been cut out and ready to sew for a few years but other projects were making their way to the top of the pile. I finally made my way to the bottom of the cut-out pile to sew up this blouse. This is Butterick 6026.
The fabric is a very lightweight cotton I purchased at the Sewing Garage Sale in 2014.
The pattern has pin tucks radiating from the sides to the center front, from the collar to the front shoulder area and along the sleeve hem.
The silver buttons were from the stash too.
The back has two fitting darts - kinda hard to see in this picture:
Once half sewn, this blouse was hanging out on my dress form for awhile as I couldn't decide if I wanted to make it sleeveless or not. I decided to add the sleeves and wear it that way for awhile. If I decide I don't like the sleeves, I can always change it to sleeveless later. The fabric is such a lightweight cotton that even with our hot summer days, it just might still be wearable in July or August - maybe.....
Total yardage for this blouse was 1.625 yards, bringing my YTD total up to 24.125 yards.
A relatively short post today!
Keep those sewing machines humming everyone!