Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Vogue 8793 - a Katherine Tilton blouse

Another completed project!  Yeah!  This is Vogue 8793 - a Katherine Tilton blouse.  Not sure I like the look with leggings - jeans would be better.


I added a pocket to the front of the blouse because - well - who doesn't like a pocket!

The fabric is a doubleknit that I purchased at this year's Sewing Garage Sale.  It's polka dot on one side and stripe on the other.

I really like the neckline on this blouse.  It uses a double collar that is edged with a zipper!

Close-up of the zipper tape used as an edging.  

Cutting out this blouse took a bit of thought to make sure I had the dots on the correct side and the stripes on the other side.  I did find the arms to be a bit snug from the elbow to the wrist.  If I make this again, I will widen the sleeves just a bit.

I decided to edge the pocket with the zipper tape too.  Kinda cute!

Sorry this post has random thoughts here and there, but it was a random kinda day!

Here are the stashbustin' stats:

2 yards of sewing garage sale fabric for $5.00

Total YTD = 72.41 yards!

Happy sewing everyone!
Star



8 comments:

  1. Love how this fabric worked so well with this pattern. I love that cool collar treatment so much that I have used it on other tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane M. I agree with using this collar treatment on other tops too!

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely Star. I agree, better worn with jeans - it's more like a casual sweater than a tunic - I think tunics look better with leggings because they cover a little more. I love your pocket addition. I have used this pattern without the zip, and using only one collar piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. Love. Love!!! I've always enjoyed seeing this pattern made up! It's so fun with the print mixing and the zippers. I love your pocket too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That zip detail is awesome! I never noticed it on the pattern at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I like it! I think I might use it on other tops too.

      Delete