This is a Katherine Tilton blouse - Butterick 5925 - View B.
Here's a pic with a little less enthusiasm - so you can actually see the blouse. As mentioned in my previous post - all three of these fabrics were from my stash and I think they play well together.
I made a size small and it's the perfect fit.
As you can see, the top has a bell shape to it - with unique pockets on the sides.
The pockets are incorporated into the side godets. I made one pocket out of the ripped up material and the other out of the main t-shirt print - and of course trimmed each pocket with the opposite fabric.
Here's a close-up of the fabric and sleeve.
And another shot of the side godet/pocket. The pattern calls for all 3 fabrics to be made from knit, but I wanted to squeeze in the green linen I had to highlight the godets because it just matched perfectly. I cut the godets on the bias and this seemed to work out just fine. Looking back now, I could have cut the godets on the straight of grain and it would have worked just as well.
The Summer Stashbustin event is all over and I missed my personal goal of sewing 30 yards of fabric :(. But, I'm going to keep stash sewing thru the end of the year and see how big of a dent I can make in my heaping piles of fabric. I think my stash is breeding somehow because it doesn't seem to be going down at all!
With the completion of this blouse, my new total yardage sewn since July 9th of this year is 27 yards. I hate to think how many yards before I am completely stash free - this could take me years! (Hang on - did that just sound like a personal challenge to myself - I think it did!)
Until next time - Happy Sewing!