Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

New Look 6245 - My last summer top?

The weather is starting to change so I thought I would try to squeeze in one more summer top for this year as I'm sure Mother Nature will throw in a few more 90+ degree days for us before it actually starts feeling like Fall.  Using the leftover fabric from the lining of the Minoru Jacket, I wanted to give New Look 6245 a try.  After all - this would be considered a bonus garment since it was made from leftovers, right?

I loved the fabric in the jacket, but it's not quite right for this top.


There's not enough drape in it to lay properly - you can see here it hangs away from the body and looks like a box.  

The back view isn't much prettier.  Still lookin like a tent here....

Hang on, I think I might have a brown belt somewhere - let's give it a try.  Bingo!  Much better with the belt.

Yes - there is a waist hidden under all of that fabric.  

Back looks better too - although I should have taken more time to adjust the fullness before taking this picture!

 Here's a recap with belt and without..



My new total for yardage sewn since the beginning of July is 29 yards.  I'm getting there slowly!

My next project is going to be a complicated one and will use alot of fabric.  Stay tuned for a post on those project plans soon!

Until next time - Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Somehow the belt makes it sit better around the neckline too - I suppose it isn't dragging down as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. That's a good idea. Currently this top is on my rework pile to do something different with the straps. Maybe I'll incorporate the elastic then too.

      Delete