Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Me Made May - Week of May 11 - 16, 2015

Here is this week's list of garments.  I was so busy at work this week, that most of them were taken at home after work so please excuse the wrinkles!

Monday, May 11 - The Miz Mozelle Dress by Jamie Christina (not previously blogged about).


Tuesday, May 12 - New Look blouse (I forget the pattern number because I just sold it!).  Sewing Workshop Origami Skirt (both not previously blogged about).






Friday, May 15 - Blouse - Simplicity 2181


And bonus day Saturday - May 16th - Here's what I plan on wearing tomorrow to a sewing event!
The new Vogue 9114 skirt by Kathryn Brenne.   Kathryn was a guest speaker at my sewing guild's Fall event last year and she wore this skirt.  I can't tell you how pretty it looked on stage and how it flows so nicely.



This skirt is so simple to make it's almost ridiculous.  It can easily be made in an afternoon.  It's the same piece for the front and back, has a separate elastic waistband piece and the drapes are created by 8 different ties that are sewn on the inside and then tied in a bow.  Easy, Peazy!


If I make this again, which I probably will, I will omit the separate waistband piece and just extend the skirt an inch at the top and make a casing for the elastic.  As it is, the waistband piece is a little tight to get over the bootie, but I can wiggle into it!

This linen has been in my stash for years, so of course it counts towards the stashbustin' goal.

I made an XS in this skirt and it calls for 3 3/8 yards.
This new skirt brings my YTD total up to 30.265 yards.  Yippee!

Happy sewing everyone!

Star









8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn. What a compliment coming from the designer!

      Delete
  2. What fun outfits! You look great in your me-mades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits! Oh how I would love to have the opportunity to wear something different every day. Loving Tuesday... :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your skirt is awe inspiring! It is lovely and you look beautiful wearing it. Would you think that it could be petite- able? I am all of 5'2" and medium frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm not sure which skirt you are referring to, but all of them would be petiteable.

      Delete