My project was New Look 6762 - a raglan style t-shirt with an elastic waist skirt. I've made both of these items before so I knew this would be a quick project.
First, here's a close-up of both of the fabrics. The top fabric is for the t-shirt. It's some sort of crinkle knit - maybe acrylic or polyester, I'm not sure. The bottom fabric for the skirt is a wonderful rayon that crinkled up a bit when I washed it. It's like a match made in fabric heaven!
And, to top it off, I found the perfect necklace in my jewelry stash. It's actually a pin just dangling on a chain, but it works!
The fabric for the skirt was a bit squirly and I knew there was no way I was going to be able to cut it out on the fold and still have my dots line up. The front and back are cut from the same pattern piece so I decided to make a full pattern piece and cut out the pieces in a single layer instead.
After adding a few lines across the front of the pattern indicated by the arrows in the picture below, I was able to line-up my dots perfectly. The lines were just placed randomly so that's why the spacing looks a bit uneven.
And here's the finished product!
My dots are perfectly lined up on the side seams.
And the skirt even twirls a little!
So far as part of the Stashbust 2014, I've sewn up 14.125 yards. I hate to think how many yards I have left to sew to completely empty my stash - or if that's even possible (I'm not quite sure that it is) but I'm going to give is a good try!
Until next time - Happy Sewing!