I bought this fabric last year from Joann's because I just LOVE how the colors blend together. It has been sitting in the stash waiting for the perfect pattern to come along and low and behold, McCall's came up with the winning pattern. This is McCall's 7405 - a pattern designed for the beginning sewer. I made view D with a little elastic casing at the waist creating a blouson effect (I think that's the right word!). It has a belt as well.
There is a casing around the front neck and the back neck pieces with a tie at the back neck - so no zippers or buttons in this dress! There is supposed to be a slit in one of the side seams, but I decided to just sew both side seams to the hem. Also - I made a size Medium and I think it's just a little bit too big. An easy alteration to make it a little smaller though - just unpick the casings at the sides, sew up the sides and restitch the casing down. Should be simple enough to fix.
Here I am trying to blend in with the locals....
Ahhhhh - don't you just love the ocean!
That's it for me today - just a quick post. I'm not sure which took longer to do - the sewing of the dress, or the time it took me to write up the post today!
We're adding this puppy to the stashbustin total too!
Total for this dress = 3.5 yards
YTD Total = 15.625 yards
Happy sewing everyone!