Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

The 2017 Sewing Garage Sale is coming!

Time to mark those calendars again!  The 2017 Sacramento Chapter of the American Sewing Guild's Annual Garage sale is quickly approaching!  And bonus this year - it will be in a new, bigger location!!

April 15, 2017
Orangevale Community Center
6826 Hazel Avenue
Orangevale, CA  95662
9:00 am - 1:00 pm

Get there early as the line starts forming at about 8:00 am!  

If you would like to sell some of your own items, please click on this link for more information.

So far, I have 81 items to sell at the garage sale - which includes 53.75 yards of fabric.  So, if I stay below that amount in my yardage buying, I will be still be ahead in my stashbustin' challenge - well - at least that's how I'm justifying it in my head!  

I've already boxed up everything I plan on selling this year before taking pics of the items, but I thought I would show some of the garments I've made this past year from previous garage sale fabric purchases to show you some of the fabulous finds you will come across!

Vogue 9077
The multi-print rayon in this dress was purchased at the garage sale.  


Asymmetrical Skirt
The boiled wool and the lining fabric were both from the garage sale....



Simplicity 1587
Nice rayon print purchased at last year's sale....


Butterick 5925
The faces knit print was from last year's sale and the polka dot was from a previous year's sale.


Vogue 8553
A nice knit print from last year's sale (I think - could have been from the year before).

All in all - lots of good finds!  This year, I will be focusing more on finding knit prints and matching from fabrics that have been in the stash for awhile so I'll be bringing fabric swatches with me to match!  At least that's my plan at the moment - anything can happen on the day of the sale!

Happy Sewing everyone and I hope to see you at the sale!

Star



1 comment: