Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

Burda 7342 - My Fave Skirt Pattern for September MAGAM Challenge - Shirty Skirty!

I decided to make my favorite skirt again for the September MAGAM Challenge.  The theme for this month is "Shirty, Skirty" - meaning make either a shirt or a skirt or both!  Sorry, I didn't post  my original plans to start with but here's the finished product!  This is Burda 7342 made from a nice red wool crepe I had in the stash.


I have made this skirt multiple times and still love it!  It has a nice twirl factor that isn't too revealing.....


And those mock pocket flaps in the front add a nice bit of interest.


Here is is on the dress form under less windy conditions.

Side view.

Back view with an invisible zipper.

The lining is a super soft silky feeling print (probably polyester), that also came from the stash.  Don't you just love the cherry print!

And voila - the back with hand stitched lining along the invisible zipper.

For everyone following my stashbustin' quest - here are the latest stats:

Yardage for this skirt:
2.375 yards of red crepe
2.375 yards of lining
Total for this skirt = 4.75 yards
Total YTD = 65.41 yards

Happy sewing everyone!
Star

4 comments:

  1. A perfect skirt for autumn. The colour is beautiful; cherry red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! Now if our temps would just cooperate!

      Delete
  2. I love your new skirt - and adore that lining! I just love the way you finish everything so cheerfully.

    ReplyDelete