Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

Vogue 8918 - Even Better the Second Time Around!

I am super duper happy with my second version of Vogue 8918.  This is made from a thicker knit that doesn't have as much stretch as the last version I made. 



When I first started sewing the bust darts, I held it up and thought "uh-oh, I don't think this is going to work", but I kept on sewing. 

And then when the back darts were sewn and I could finally try it on for fitting purposes, I knew it was going to work. 

I couldn't resist using the bright blue serger thread on the inside too!

With my gray tights, blue shoes (which are in the donate pile at the moment - I took them off right after this photo!), and my orange necklace painted with fingernail polish, it's a winner! 

I also managed to squeeze  in a new curtain for the master bath.  There was only one yard of this available at the store and after the additional percentage off for the end of the bolt, plus my coupon, I figured what the heck!  I had some curtain lining fabric in the stash and if this curtain will give a few more years life to our existing bathroom before I finally get fed-up with it and break out the sledgehammer, then I think it was worth it.  

Pretty simple grommet top curtain that gave me all kinds of grief though.  My header was initially 3 layers thick and the grommets kept popping loose.  I tried to cut out the middle layer underneath the grommets, but that didn't work either.  So eventually, I just cut off the double fold and used some tape to finish the top edge.  In  my mind that is just the wrong way to make a curtain header, but hey, it's in the bathroom so I don't really care.  And no, I didn't need an entire yard to make this, but after messing up the top edge, I'm glad I had the extra fabric.


Sneak Peek:

Here's a sneaky peeky at two projects that are almost finished....


Just check out that back seam - how well it lines up.  I can only work on this dress in small time increments.  If you keep starring at the photo, you will know why....


Stashbustin stats:

Vogue 8918 dress = 1.5 yards
Bathroom curtain and lining = 2 yards
Total YTD = 9.25 yards

Remaining yardage to sew to meet my 100 yard goal = 90.75 yards.  Seems a bit daunting at the moment, but I'll get there!

What's next?:

Next up, after finishing the two other dresses above is, yes, another dress!  This will be called my "Electric Butterfly" dress.  Just check out this fabric!


Until my next post - Happy Sewing Everyone!

Star

2 comments:

  1. I like your neckline much better than pattern. I couldn't find your first version to compare ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karey! First version is a few blog posts back, or in patternreview, you can click on the picture of it listed under other projects on the same post.

      Delete