Sunday, February 4, 2018

Butterick 6377 - Done!

This could be my new fave t-shirt pattern.  With it's asymmetrical hemline, great fit thru the bust and shoulders, and the overall comfy factor, it's a win-win!



You may recall that I started this project with a bunch of leftover scraps from the stash.

After sewing the main body together, it was looking rather plain so I started playing with my printed elastic to try and jazz it up a bit....

It still seemed like it was missing something so it hung on my dressform in it's almost finished state for awhile until I figured out what it needed.

The missing element was a pocket!  Yes indeed - a little pocket to break up that black side and add some more interest to all of those intersecting elastics!

Here's a close-up of the neckline and some of the printed elastic on the shoulder front.


I considered adding a pocket to the back somewhere, but I'm glad a didn't. 

I really like this new top.  After it's first wear to work last week - it still looked good at the end of the day and the knit fabrics retained their shape.  I can see a few more of these in my wardrobe for this year.  Considering this was a scrap project, I think it turned out great!  Now - on with the stashbustin info:

Stashbustin update:

Total yardage for this blouse = 1.75
YTD yardage sewn = 5.75
Remaining yards to reach my 100 yard goal = 94.25

What's next:

Hmmm - I have three things cut out at the moment, another Vogue 1233 dress, another Vogue 8918  dress (in thay crazy blue/gray/orange fabric) and I just cut out a Matilda dress from Megan Nielsen in this cute green/yellow cotton batik with turtles on it:

I am deep into the stash sorting/organizing/documenting project and I will have alot of yardage to sell at this year's sewing garage sale so stay tuned! 

Until next time - Happy sewing everyone!








4 comments: