My September MAGAM Challenge is completed and I am super happy with it! This has to be the best fitting dress I think I have ever made!
The top portion of the dress is Butterick 5353, combined with New Look 6224 for the bottom.
The Butterick skirt is more of a straight skirt and I prefer a fuller skirt that twirls better!
I added piping to the neckline and waistline using some very unconventional supplies. Trying to use what I had on hand, the fabric is a turquoise lycra that happened to match perfectly. The inside of the piping is cording used to pull curtains up and down - not sure why I had this in the stash, but it turns out it makes great piping!!
Here's the neckline piping. The dress is fully lined with a lightweight cotton. I would normally use a rayon lining, but again, trying to use what I had on hand, the lightweight cotton was a dream to work with. The two natural fibers worked so well together that I don't think I will ever use rayon again to line a linen garment.
After asking my readers and my local sewing guild their definition of a sewing stash, I've determined that anything you buy that doesn't have a specific purpose/pattern/idea in mind and ends up in the closet is considered part of the stash. Soooo, based on this new determination that a fabric doesn't need to "age" for awhile before it is considered part of the stash, this garment was too a stashbushin project.
Blue/Green Linen - 2 yards
White cotton lining - 2 yards
Practice muslin fabric - .75 yards
Blue lycra for piping - .25
Total for this garment - 5 yards!
This brings my YTD total to 46.375 yards!! Whoop! Whoop!!
Happy sewing everyone!