Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Simplicity 2281 (Again!) and some Christmas Projects finished

Here are projects number 6, 7 & 8 for September Sew for 30.

Number 6 is Simplicity 2281 - A Cynthia Rowley dress that I modified into a blouse instead.  I really, really like this top.  This is the second version I have made and this green is such a bright and cheerful color too.


I first made this top a few months ago in a dark blue version and here's where I can demonstrate the importance of not skipping the stay stitching step when the pattern calls for it.  See how low the armhole is in the blue version when compared to the green?  I did not stay stitch the armhole on the blue and it stretched quite a bit whilst sewing. The green armhole is much higher - and they are both using the same pattern and pretty much the same fabrics.  The only difference is the stay stitching.  Note to self - DON'T SKIP THE STAY STITCHING INSTRUCTIONS TO SAVE TIME!

Back view - the neck has ties - can't get much simpler than that!


Project Number 7 is the completion of the "Christmas Woolies" ornaments.  I only had two more to finish before I could call this project complete and now - it's COMPLETE!!  Another UFO done! These are going to look so cute on my Christmas tree dedicated to handmade ornaments only (Yes, I have a separate tree for these!).

And Project Number 8 was another Christmas UFO started a few months ago but never completed.  This was an advent calendar panel that I picked up in England last year while on vacation.  There is a little stocking for each day of the month.  The DH will be much happier with the size of the goodies I can put in this advent calendar in comparison to my old quilted wall calendar.  Bring on the Chocolate!!!

Just two more projects to go to complete my list of September Sew for 30 items - the faces top and the garment bag.  This month has been super productive for me and I can see sewing for at least 30 minutes a day as something that is easy (at least on most days), to incorporate into my daily routine and I look forward to continuing it for as long as possible - I think I've formed a new habit here in the process! 

Here are the updated stats for those of you playing along!
Yardage stats:
Blouse = 2.5
Advent Garland = 2 yards
Total YTD = 89.125

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

4 comments:

  1. Somehow your blue one escaped my notice... I don't recall seeing this top before? But both are joyous! You really have been busy this month, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top! I hadn't notice that pattern before. Now I want to take a good look at it. You have been so productive this month. And thanks for reminding me to start planning my x'mas sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I highly recommend this pattern.

      Delete