Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Abbey Coat by Jamie Christina

 
 
 
This is The Abbey Coat by Jamie Christina.  A wonderful pattern for a fun little coat.   The fabric I selected is a sea green herringbone Pendleton Wool I purchased at the Sewing Expo in Puyallup a few years ago.  When I first saw this pattern on-line, this piece of fabric immediately came to mind. 
 
I did make one change to pattern.  I didn't want the 3/4 length sleeves that are standard on the pattern, so I lengthened them to full length sleeves instead.

 

As for the lining, I had some cheap polyester lining already in my stash with some wonderful Japanese inspired cranes printed on it.  I know, why would I pair a cheap polyester lining with a fabulous Pendleton Wool, but the colors were perfect and I hate to have a boring lining inside anything!


This was my first time using a Jamie Christina pattern and it won't be my last.  The instructions were very well written with lots of pictures along the way. This is a fun little coat that I'm sure I will make again.  I highly recommend this pattern.

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. This really is a lovely, soft looking coat. You've done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete