Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Sewing Workshop Olive Top




This blouse is the Olive Top from The Sewing Workshop's Alex & Olive Tops pattern.  It is a scoop neck knit pullover with diagonal side seams and an exposed decorative back zipper placed on the diagonal. 
 
The knit fabric I purchased at the Puyallup Sewing Expo a few years ago from The Sewing Workshop's booth.  I liked both sides of the fabric so much, I decided to use the wrong side for the sleeves.  Laying out the pattern took a little thought as I wanted to have the stripes going two different directions on the back piece. I did a quick drawing to reference as I laid out the pattern pieces and this helped out a lot. 
 
For the back zipper, I decided to highlight it by placing a bold red plastic zipper with red rick rack and a black and white ribbon on each side as well.  I think it looks quite nice!  It is very comfortable to wear and I receive a lot of compliments each time I wear it. 
 

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment