I've nicknamed this dress "The Circus Tent" because I think that's what it ended up resembling.
It's cute, but definitely looks like a circus tent. This pattern is meant to be made out of a knit fabric, but I had a woven on hand. I made a muslin and needed to add about 3/8" to a size 12 pattern to accommodate the woven material.
I had some green linen that just happened to match the green in the circle print so I used that as well.
The dress has a center zip down the back. I had a metal white zipper on hand - not my favorite, but it was in the stash so I wanted to use it up. The lining is some cheap polyester lining I already had on hand as well.
I decided to include piping along the neck band and the midriff band. The piping material is a multi-stripe quilting cotton, again, left over from a previous project.
Here's a close up of the piping and the green midriff band.
I also decided to make some earrings to match. These are made from stacking buttons and adding some posts with beads on the bottom.
All in all, I think it's kind of cute, but it still reminds me of a circus tent.