Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Simplicity 2927


This blouse is a Project Runway inspired pattern thru Simplicity.  The pattern has different "design elements" you can select to customize your blouse or dress.  I selected the petal style sleeves with pockets on the front. I also added the piping around the neckband to help highlight it a little more. 


Simplicity 2927 front view
 
The fabric is a floral print pique that I picked up at a sewing garage sale a few years ago.  It has been aging in my stash for quite awhile until the right project came along. 
 
Simplicity 2927 back view

My first attempt at stacking buttons (a favorite technique of mine) was not successful as you can see from the picture below.  After letting the blouse rest on my dress form overnight, when I came back into my sewing room the next day, it looked like two eyes were starring at me!  I'm sure my co-workers would not appreciate this.  Would I look like I had four eyes instead of two, and if I put my glasses on, would I look like I had six eyes?  I decided I didn't want to find out, so I opted to find something else in my stash that would work.


First attempt at two buttons - not successful
 
Luckily, I was able to find the perfect white flower button in my stash that worked with my stacking technique.  It's a large black button, with the flower white button on top of that, with a black ball button on top of the flower button.  You just sew all three on at one time!  Instead of a buttonhole, I used a snap directly behind the button stack.  I also used a small snap on the opposite site of the flap to help keep the rest of the collar in place.  With the addition of piping, I think my top turned out quite nice! 

Final button selection - much better!

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sewing this same pattern right now using the 3/4 sleeve variation. I just love your creation. That button is perfection!

    ReplyDelete