Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

April Garment of the Month Challenge selected

For the April MAGAM Challenge - I'll be making New Look #6224.  A very cute dress with different neckline and sleeve options.   The fabric is a rayon that I picked up at the ASG Garage Sale last year.  I remember I only had two fabrics in my hand, this one and a green/white check fabric and a lady was trying to buy this purple print fabric off of me before I had even purchased it!


I think this dress will turn out pretty cute, but I can't decide which sleeve variation to do:

View D - the main version in the photo with the longer sleeves - perfect for the cold office in the summertime - for some reason, our office is always cold in the summer!

or

View C - the red version with the shorter ruffled sleeves - good for someone with a small bust (like me!)

What do you think?

Happy Sewing!

5 comments:

  1. I really like the longer sleeves ... but that's cos it would suit me better. If you like the shorter sleeves do them as you can always put a lightweight cardi on in the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ista. Good point on the cardigan option.

      Delete
  2. I like the short sleeve version.. I think I am so ready for spring.. I only want short sleeves.ha
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sew Blessed Maw. I still can't decide. I start the muslin tomorrow so that might help my decision. If I make them long to start with, I could always cut them off at a later date and it would look like a new dress all over again!

      Delete