Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Vogue 7764

This is Vogue 7764 - a fitted, supposed to be unlined but I made it lined, below hip, military style jacket.  It's made from a nice wool, I believe I picked up from the ASG garage sale.

Jacket front
There are a total of 16 darts in this pattern so it is very nicely fitted.  The pockets have a box pleat in them as well which mimics the box pleats on the back of the jacket.
Close-up of front pocket
Here is the back view with the box pleats both above and below the waist.  It looks a bit floppy on my dressform, but fits me quite nicely.

The pattern called for just sewing triangle stitching lines at the top and bottom of the pleats, but I had some blue leather that matched perfectly so decided to sew them in place to add a little emphasis.

The jacket also has epaulets on each sleeve (optional of course).  I like the jacket with them.


And of course, I had to throw in a crazy lining.  The pattern doesn't call for a lining, but since my fabric was wool, I had to have one.  Wool just itches me like crazy but it sews beautifully.


Back view of the lining.  The jacket doesn't fit so well on the dress form because the shoulder pads are trying to lay in a different direction - you get the idea though.

Until next time!  Happy Sewing!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a beautiful garment! Your sewing is so precise, and every detail thought through carefully. I hope you enjoy wearing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking jacket and lining is very attractive. You did great job with the detailing on this jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful jacket. The details and sewcrafting are exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this jacket. You did a great job with the details. It's a lot of fun to have a flashy lining!

    ReplyDelete