Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Look 6026

I love pajamas.  I could live in them all day long given the chance. If it were socially acceptable and in compliance with our dress code, I would wear them to work!  And who wouldn't want to when you have cute pajamas like these!


This is actually a practice muslin I used for fitting the New Look 6026 blouse pattern. I had a few yards of this cute yoga print and a coordinating purple and thought it would be a great to try out on this pattern and get a new pair of pajamas in the process.  A sewed View A with the cute sleeve ruffle.

New Look 6026

Here's a close up of the curved neckline and the sleeve facings with the sleeve ruffle.

Side view.  I ended up shortening the body of the blouse by 4 inches.  I didn't want the ruffle to hit right at the hip area, so I raised it up a little higher.


Back view.  I was running short on fabric so the yoga girls on the back aren't centered, but oh well, it's pajamas right!  Also, the pattern calls for a small tie in the back which I eliminated.  This would give it a little more shaping in the back but who wants to sleep with a big knot in their back.

Here's the front all by itself.

The bottoms are just an elastic waist pant, but I wanted to share a little technique my grandmother taught me. An easy way to tell the front from the back is to sew a little grosgrain ribbon tab to the back waistband. Now, at a quick glance, when you are tired and ready for bed, you just have to look for the tab!

Until next time!
Happy Sewing!

6 comments:

  1. Your pajamas are so cute! I've nominated your blog for the Liebster Blog Award because I enjoy what you share. My link is here: http://pieceworktreasures.blogspot.com/2014/04/a-liebster-blog-award-thank-you-sarah.html I am part of the Make a Garment a Month Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! I also like to stay in my PJ's as long as I can in morning!! Enjoy sipping your coffee or tea in those PJ's!!

    ReplyDelete