Sunday, October 12, 2014

Vogue 1331 - The Concept

I mentioned in my first post about this project that I didn't like the way the front overlay is just on the front piece and stops at the bottom.  That just looks odd to me so here are my plans to change that.

In the picture below, the pattern piece on the right is the original overlay for the front.  The piece on the left is how I have extended the overlay to carry over to the side of the jacket.


Here's the pattern piece for the back.  Since it doesn't have an overlay at all, I just made this up and tried to make it flow around to the front.

Here's a clearer picture of the front overlay pieces - traced with a sharpie pen.

And the back piece as well.  The areas near the armhole/shoulder with the squiggly lines I am still contemplating. Since there is a back dart, I'm not sure how these pieces will work yet so they are still a work in progress - and, the top circle on the front overlay needs to wrap around over the shoulder onto the back as well.  I'll have to see how the fabric lays when it is basted together.

Here are the two fronts sewn together.  I'm waiting to cut out the circles until it fits correctly, just in case I need to reposition any of them.

The edges are left raw on the overlay.

And here's the back overlay.

Up next - baste together to test the fit.

Happy Sewing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment