Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My latest listening obsession

I'm a huge fan of listening to audible books on my way to work.  With an hour commute each way, I have tackled quite a few books during the last few years.

I'd like to tell you about a "new to me" podcast that I am now listening to on my computer while I sew.  It's called Modern Sewciety.  It's hosted by Stephanie - a stay at home Mom, living in Florida, who loves to quilt.  Each week she interviews different sewing personalities and asks them how they got started, what inspires them and what's on the horizon.  Even though I'm not a quilter, it is very interesting to learn about the different designers, how they got started and what makes them tick.

Modern Sewciety

I've learned about so many new designers that I'd never heard of before since I started listening to these podcasts. It's very interesting.  She also has a Downton Abbey special (which I haven't listened to yet, but am planning to).  If you'd like to have a listen yourself, here's a link to the website:

www.modernsewciety.com

Enjoy!

Happy Sewing!



2 comments:

  1. I'll give it a listen. Thanks for the recommendation. I love to listen to podcasts while I'm sewing.
    dmclong

    ReplyDelete