Using View C of Vogue 8817 - I tried to squeek out as much of the leftover black and white circle fabric that I had to make the bottom portion of the dress. My grainlines are not at all correct on these two pieces, but that was the only way I could get the most length out of my leftover scraps. After hanging on the dress form for a few days, you can see that the back is a little higher than the front.
I took in the sides about 1 inch on each side and then added two bands to the bottom of the dress to make it a little longer and voila! I think it turned out pretty cute!
I purchased this necklace on a vacation in Chipping Campden, England two years ago and have never worn it. Finally I have something to wear it with!
Back view. It's a very roomy dress, but it is super comfortable and I can't wait to wear it to work next week.
And yes - this is another stashbusting project. This adds another 2.75 yards to the total for this year bringing me up to 8.25 yards sewn so far.
Happy Sewing everyone!