Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Butterick 5856 - Bringin' Back the 80's!

This blouse is my rockin' version of Butterick 5856.  This blouse was made completely from leftover pieces from two previous projects.  You might recognize the colorful print on the front and the back fabric from this top.  And again the back fabric from this blouse.

It's an asymmetrical style and I'm not sure I really like it.  It was a good use of the leftover fabric to give the pattern a try, but it's a bit awkward to wear.  The tank style shoulder kept falling off my my arm when wearing it and I took it up 2.5 inches in total to start with.  The drapey shoulder side kept creeping to the back too.  

Here's another view: 

This blouse was very quick to make, but I did need to piece the front fabric piece because I didn't have enough.  You can't see where it was pieced though because there is so much going on with this fabric - Bonus!

 Back view:

This adds to the stashbustin total too - This used a total of 1.875 yards to bring the YTD total to 34.125 yards.  Yippee!

Happy Sewing everyone!
Star

2 comments: