Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Fishing and Sewing?

Absolutely!  Fishing and sewing go hand-in-hand when we are talking tool storage.  Here is my sewing "tackle box" that I take to classes and workshops.  It may not look pretty on the outside....


But look at all of the storage on the inside.  With three stacking trays on each side....

That expand out on each side.....  to expose a space on the bottom to hold the current project I'm working on.

Here's a side view so you can see just how much room there is.

With the multiple divided trays, there is plenty of room for all of my tools, pins, thread, scissors, marking implements and I even have two yard sticks in there (they fold up of course!).  If you are looking for a traveling project box, I highly recommend checking out the fishing aisle at your local outdoor store.  They come in a wide variety of styles and sizes and there is the perfect one out there to fit your needs.  And bonus - they are much, much cheaper than a similar, less functional pink or purple colored box carried at your local fabric store.

Just a quick post today everyone.  Hope you enjoy this tip!

And Happy Fishing - Oops - I mean Sewing!

Star


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea Star - must put this on my Xmas wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! You won't be disappointed. I forgot to mention that I have multiple boxes for different tasks. My gardening tackle box is especially handy for all of those small sprinkler parts that tend to get lost in a large box. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I use one of these too! Mine's green! I bought for college back in the 80's and I still use it today. Great minds....! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well slap me on the back of the head!!! I use one for my painting and art class supplies but never thought of using one for my sewing stuff,! I'm going to get fight on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Using for art supplies is a good idea too!

      Delete
  4. This made me smile. My first doctors bag was a fishing box. I should fish it out from the shed and use it again for my sewing supplies.

    ReplyDelete