Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Kielo #2 and my T-shirt test pattern

Here is my 2nd version of the Named Patterns Kielo Wrap dress.  This is made from a knit purchased recently from Fabric Mart fabrics on-line.

The knit is on the thicker side and it has a small fish-eye type print on it.  Looks like a solid from the distance though.  I just loved the color when I saw it on-line.  Sorry for the chesty shot, but you can see the print design on it. 

Back view...

Yep - I really like this pattern!  Maybe a shorter version for my next one?


I had some fabric leftover from the dress so I decided to try out the Kwik Sew 2900 t-shirt pattern.  The July/August challenge for the Make a Garment a Month group is to work on two garments that work together and are needed in your wardrobe.  What I learned with Me-Made-May this year is that I don't have many plain/casual clothes for the weekends so I need just some basics in my wardrobe.  I wanted to start by just making a few basic t-shirts. So here's the t-shirt pattern without any changes - in a size small:


The shoulder area fits well and it could use a little shaping on the sides

The neckband is too wide and it's droops a little bit.  For my next version, I will make the band about half of it's current size.  

And I don't care for the sleeve length.  For the next version, I will shorten the sleeves about 2 inches.

Otherwise, I think it fits fairly well.  Again, this knit is a little on the thicker side so a thinner knit would hang better.  Onto the next one...

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for the Kielo dress = 3 yards
Yardage for the t-shirt = 1.5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 52.75 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 47.25 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star




No comments:

Post a Comment