The knit is on the thicker side and it has a small fish-eye type print on it. Looks like a solid from the distance though. I just loved the color when I saw it on-line. Sorry for the chesty shot, but you can see the print design on it.
Yep - I really like this pattern! Maybe a shorter version for my next one?
I had some fabric leftover from the dress so I decided to try out the Kwik Sew 2900 t-shirt pattern. The July/August challenge for the Make a Garment a Month group is to work on two garments that work together and are needed in your wardrobe. What I learned with Me-Made-May this year is that I don't have many plain/casual clothes for the weekends so I need just some basics in my wardrobe. I wanted to start by just making a few basic t-shirts. So here's the t-shirt pattern without any changes - in a size small:
The shoulder area fits well and it could use a little shaping on the sides
The neckband is too wide and it's droops a little bit. For my next version, I will make the band about half of it's current size.
And I don't care for the sleeve length. For the next version, I will shorten the sleeves about 2 inches.
Otherwise, I think it fits fairly well. Again, this knit is a little on the thicker side so a thinner knit would hang better. Onto the next one...
Latest Stashbustin' Stats:Yardage for the Kielo dress = 3 yards
Yardage for the t-shirt = 1.5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 52.75 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 47.25 yards
Happy sewing everyone!