Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

My eyeglass top - New Look 6628

My annual eye exam appointment was quickly approaching and I thought it would be funny to sew up a shirt for the occasion out of this cute eyeglass quilting cotton print I purchased at a quilt shop in Vancouver, Canada earlier this year.  I was hoping I could bribe the doc into not dilating my eyes by showing him the cute shirt I made for the occasion.  But you know what - he didn't even notice it!  The office staff did and they all loved it, but the eye doc didn't!  Oh well - it's still a cute shirt!


This is New Look 6628 - View B.  Like my different colored buttons down the front?  Cute huh!


I've made this shirt before, but never the sleeveless version.  I only bought 1.5 yards of the fabric so no room for sleeves!  And instead of finishing the armholes with the facing pieces, I just used bias tape instead.  

There are fitting darts in the back and front too.  And little vents on the sides - which you can't see here.


Just a quick post for me today as I'm still in catch-up mode.  Here are the latest stashbustin' stats!

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this top = 1.5 yards
YTD yards sewn = 59.875 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 40.125 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star



No comments:

Post a Comment