Once again, here is my favorite pajama pattern - McCalls 3017. This flannel fabric I purchased at a local quilting guild sale a few weeks ago. It actually didn't have enough time to make it into the stash stack as I cut out the pajamas in record time!
Pairing the flannel with some blue cotton striped fabric I had in the stash already and purchasing some polka dot piping at my local fabric store, this new set of pj's came together fairly quickly.
For the buttons, I used my stacking button technique with a large blue button on the bottom, followed by a smaller red button on top of that, followed by an even smaller green button on top of the red one. Because I'm not a stomach sleeper, I can use this technique quite easily on pajamas.
For the pocket I used a little more of the blue fabric with the piping in between. Pockets in pajamas are a must for me!!
Just a quick post today as I've used this pattern multiple times it seems redundant to keep reiterating the same thing about this pattern over and over.
I'm not sure if I should actually count the flannel fabric as part of my stashbustin' quest, but, I'm going to throw abandon to the wind and go ahead and count it - mainly because by using the flannel, I was able to incorporate the blue cotton that was in the stash so really, without the flannel fabric, the blue fabric will still be in the stash so I'm countin it!
Total yardage for pajamas = 5.25 yards
YTD stashbustin' total = 33.125 yards
I'm nearing the halfway point of my 70 yard total from last year. So far, I am right on track to beat that this year! Whoop! Whoop!
Happy sewing everyone!