September 1st is quickly approaching. Are you ready?
I have lots of projects planned for this year's September Sew for 30 Challenge.
Numero Uno - First a foremost is the remaking of my wedding gown into a vow renewal ensemble of some sort. I am taking the first week of September off of work and am treating it as a mini "Sewing Vacation" and plan to tackle this job first. I have lots and lots of yardage to work with here as you can see in our wedding photo below - so we'll see what evolves.....
Once the vow renewal outfit is done - I have a bunch of other projects already cut out and ready to sew. So - here we go - from top to bottom, left to right:
- The bright green will be a new Cynthia Rowley top - Simplicity 2281. Pretty much a direct copy of the blue one I made recently.
- The two fabrics in the upper right (one stack pink, one stack green/black) will be 3 Sew Together Bags by Sew Demented. I haven't made these before but am looking forward to it. I bought the pattern at a craft show earlier this year and the sample bag looked very cute!
- Below the bag stacks is more pajamas! McCalls 3017 - my favorite pj pattern. This time, I'll be using a cute flannel with a bug print on it. Recently snagged the flannel at only $2.00 per yard!
- A turtleneck from the green and blue knit.
- A Katherine Tilton pattern - Butterick 5925. I've made this pattern before and really like it. This time, I'll be using a medieval knit print and I purchased at this year's Sewing Garage Sale, paired with a polka dot and lots and lots of trims. This top I think will either be fantastic or a huge flop - we'll have to wait and see!
Then, if I get all of the projects above done, I have a few crafty ones as well.
- A garment bag out of the top two fabrics.
- Christmas Woolens ornaments to finish. I started these last year but didn't complete them.
- A new Christmas advent garland. This is half finished too.
I think with all of these projects I should be pretty busy! What are your plans for September Sew for 30?
Happy sewing everyone!