The old dress was trimmed in this colorful piping - which I reused on the new dress too. I still had some of the original green linen in the stash that I used on the first dress so I used it for the halter portion, paired with some black cotton from the stash for the waistband.
The straps have pant hooks and eyes at the back neck. I find pant hooks to be much more comfortable against the neck when compared to smaller hooks and eyes.
Now that the dress is completed, I'm not sure which version I actually like better. I'm leaning towards the first version more I think. Anyways, it's too late to change it again as I'm thrown out the top portion to the old dress so I guess I'm sticking with the new one! Even if I only wear it a few times, it will be worth it.
The top halter portion adds to the stashbustin' quest too!
Total yardage for the new top portion = 1 yard
YTD total = 84.625 yards
Happy sewing everyone!