This could be my favorite skirt pattern. This is the second one I have made and absolutely love it. Burda 7342. The first one I made earlier this year out of a nice wool plaid. This version is made from a piece of black crepe I had in the stash. I did some topstitching along the top edges and the mock pocket flap edges.
And of course I had to throw in a wild lining trimmed with some ribbon from the stash. The lining is a piece of polyester that I bought at a fabric store in Eureka, California (sorry, I can't remember the name of the store!) that sells fabric on consignment - what a concept!! So if you happen recognize the piece below, it could have been yours! Here's the back views inside and out....
And fronts inside and out....
And a close-up of the topstitching. Sorry - the picture is a little blurry.
And here's a close-up of the ribbon trim I used between the top yoke and the skirt pieces on the inside. It's a very nice woven ribbon that was sewn-on by hand.
Just a quick post today but here are the latest statshbustin' stats for me:
Yardage for this skirt = 4.375
YTD = 20 yards!
Happy sewing everyone!