Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2017

September Sew for 30 - 2017 and my plans

September is National Sewing Month in the United States.  We all lead very busy lives and finding time to do the hobby we love can be difficult so I'd like to encourage everyone to "Sew for 30 minutes" everyday during the month of September.   It's amazing what you can get done in little increments of time!  A seam here, a press there and before you know it - you have a brand new little something!

The goal of September Sew for 30 is to MAKE TIME to do what you love.  As sewer's, we are naturally creative people and being creative with our time counts too.  Let's showcase what and how we are squeezing in that hobby time!

I'm in! - Sew now what do I do?

This year it is super simple! 

Blogs - Yes - if you have a blog, by all means, please post your sewing adventures there.  Leave a comment with your blog address below so others can follow you.

Instagram - Post your adventures and be sure to use the #septsewfor302017 hashtag.

Go ahead, make the commitment!  You know you want to!  I'm looking forward to seeing your sewing adventures!

Here are my starting projects:


Top row left to right:
- Two new pairs of Jalie Cora workout pants.
- A Cold shoulder top - McCall's 7468.  I am way behind with the cold shoulder trend this year!  Just cut this one out yesterday.
Bottom row - left to right:
- A Katherine Tilton Vogue pattern - a simple knit top - this one is already cut out.
- My favorite Burda skirt - #7342.  This is out of a red wool crepe with a black lining with a cute cherry print on it.  This one is cut out too.  We are in the middle of another 100+ degree heat wave so with it being 103 outside at the moment, what better thing to do than to stay inside and get some projects cut out in advance.

Happy sewing everyone - looking forward to seeing everyone's projects and here's to a very productive September!

Star

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to do this... I have been holding off on some much needed sewing for me, because I need to work out some fitting issues. No time like the present to get over it and get going!

    artisanry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete